Updated December 21, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person services are not currently available. For Coronavirus information and updates, visit the Town of Norwell website here.
Curbside Pickup and Returns:
- Curbside (lobby) pickup of print books, DVDs, audiobooks, and other items is available.
- Returns can be dropped off in the lobby. No donations, please.
- Holds can be placed on items belonging to Norwell as well as items belonging to other libraries for pickup at NPL.
- Lobby hours are Monday through Wednesday from 10 to 7, Thursday through Saturday from 10 to 4, and Sundays from 1 to 4.
- Instructions on how to use NPL's curbside pickup service can be found HERE.
- Returns are quarantined for 3 days before being checked in. You will not be charged late fees as a result of the quarantine period.
- Face masks are required when picking up or returning library materials.
- For help placing holds, call the library at 781-659-2015.
- Norwell Public Library e-resources are available 24/7 to library cardholders. Visit NPL's E-Resources Brochure to learn more. All of these resources can be accessed through the library's website, norwellpubliclibrary.org. Some resources also offer a user-friendly app for your mobile device.
- In addition to NPL e-resources, all Massachusetts residents have access to e-resources through Library for the Commonwealth at the Boston Public Library. Click here to learn more.
Online Library Card Registration:
- If you don't have a library card, you can register for an e-card here.
- An e-card will allow you to access the Old Colony Library Network's shared content, including OverDrive/Libby, RBDigital magazines, the New York Times, and Newsbank.
- So that you can have full access to library resources, NPL staff will convert your e-card to a physical card with a Norwell Public Library barcode. You will be notified via email with your new barcode and your library card will be mailed to you.
- When the library reopens, you will be asked to provide proof of address when you first check out items in person.
Curbside Printing Service:
- Printing of black & white documents up to 10 pages is available for curbside pickup at no charge.
- When your print job is ready for pickup, you will receive an email with instructions. Please note that same day pickup is not guaranteed.
- Follow curbside pickup instructions included in the email to pick up your print job. To protect your privacy, your print job will be placed in an envelope.
- Hours for curbside pickup: Monday-Wednesday: 10-7, Thursday-Saturday: 10-4, Sunday: 1-4
- Professional librarians and support staff are available during regular library hours to answer questions and provide assistance.