NORWELL PUBLIC LIBRARY
MEETING ROOM USE POLICY
The Norwell Public Library Meeting Room is available for use by non-profit organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities. The Library is committed to providing varied programming to our patrons and to respecting and making available all viewpoints.
Permission to meet at the Library does not constitute an endorsement of any group’s policies, views, or beliefs by the Library or Board of Library Trustees, and any such representation is prohibited. The Library Director and Board of Trustees are responsible for upholding this policy and reserve the right to deny any organization use of the Meeting Room or cancel an event if this policy is violated or if it is determined that the meeting would adversely impact regular use of the library.
- Norwell Public Library events are given priority when scheduling meeting room use.
- All meetings must be open to the public.
- No admission fees may be charged.
- Meetings cannot be scheduled more frequently than once per month, or for periods exceeding four hours per meeting.
- The Meeting Room cannot be used for the promotion of individual political candidates.
- Events must be confirmed with the Library prior to any advertising. Advertising must be worded: “Presented by group x” and “held at the Norwell Public Library.” The Norwell Public Library must not be listed as a host or sponsor on any flyers or advertising.
- If a police detail is deemed necessary by the Library Director for crowd control, the individual reserving the room is responsible for any bills incurred.
- Meeting Room availability is for Norwell residents only.
- Maximum room capacity is not to exceed 50 people.
- Use of the Meeting Room includes kitchen access.
- It is expected that any organization will leave the Meeting Room in the same condition in which it was found. Liability for any damage to library property will be assumed by the applicant.
- If the premises are abused or if this policy is violated in any way the library reserves the right to restrict future use.
- Notification of confirmation will be by phone or e-mail.
- A completed meeting room application is required to initiate a reservation request.
Approved by Norwell Public Library Board of Trustees 10/29/14
Meeting Room Application - PDF 13k